Friday, November 5, 2010

You're Not Going to Buy My Support with Sarcasm



Why can't the president communicate effectively with the American public? I think this tweet is the problem. The tone is defensive, sarcastic -- bordering on whiny. This is not a tweet of success.

The White House is reacting to a conversation that is happening without them. It's a stupid conversation, yes. So why even dignify it with a response? Let it go. Instead, his staff, communicating from the official White House twitter account, expresses themselves with sarcasm. It's undignified.

I can't speak for the American people, but I can speak for myself. I want a strong president! One who leads! Perhaps not a decider, but a proactive president who doesn't dip his toes in the whining American stream of consciousness. Be ahead of us, Mr. President, and tell me where I want to go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment